Custom websites for the Security and Fire Alarm Industry
Security and Fire Alarm Website Design
If you are doing business then you know that you need a website. Most potential customers start the search that may result in them calling you with a web site search. It is not guaranteed that they will find you just because you have a website BUT I can guarantee that they will not find you if you do not have a website at all. How much revenue is it costing you to not be found?
Website’s do not have to cost thousands of dollars to build or maintain. Even though many web site designer’s inflate the value of what they do and under produce on the delivery. Especially when it comes to traffic.
Let’s start with the basics of what you really, really must have for a successful website. The following items should be setup for every website:
- A good clean navigation structure
- A Contact Us Page
- Access to you listing a phone number, contact form, Link to Twitter and link to face book
- An About Us page
- A Services Page
- Sub pages that outline all of the services that you offer and why they are needed
- A purchase page if you sell online products
These are just the basic pages but you should also have multiple pages that are optimized for seo. A good webmaster will know how to title these pages for the best search engine returns.
Everyone knows the name facebook unless they live in a cave and if they do, they won’t be looking at your website so it does not matter. Many people do not know that face book can provide some of the best advertising at very reasonable pricing and they offer advertising for the demographic that you need for your business. Having a facebook page linked to your website is necessary for your business to grow.
There are millions of users so it makes sense to have a twitter account.
WordPress for your website
There are many Content management systems (CMS) available today but wordpress has always been my go to for most websites. It is easy to setup and easy to pass on to clients that want to maintain their own website after the initial build up is complete. With a wide variety of plugins that I install the customer can easily:
- Produce SEO Articles
- Automatically post to twitter
- Automatically post to facebook
- Automatically maintain a site map
These are just a few of the free plugins that are available to maintain and promote your website and business.
- Customization. Make your WordPress site uniquely yours with Custom CSS, Carousels, spam-free Contact Forms, Sidebar Widgets, Infinite Scroll, and Tiled Galleries.
- Mobile theme. Instant and customizable lightweight responsive theme designed for phones and tablets.
- Content tools. Create and publish richer content with Post by Email, Shortcode Embeds, Markdown, Beautiful Math, Spelling, and VideoPress.
- Visitor engagement. Increase your traffic and keep visitors coming back with Enhanced Distribution, spam-free Comments, Shortlinks, Likes, Notifications, Related Posts, Publicize, Social Sharing, Subscriptions, and Site Verification Tools.
- Site performance. Speed up image delivery with the Photon CDN and access to visitor Stats.
- Security. Keep your WordPress site up, safe, and protected with Single Sign On, Jetpack Monitor, and Akismet anti-spam.
Enables automatic links whenever you use keywords. This increase optimization for search engines.
The WordPress SEO plugins Page Analysis functionality checks simple things you’re bound to forget. It checks, for instance, if you have images in your post and whether they have an alt tag containing the focus keyword for that post. It also checks whether your posts are long enough, if you’ve written a meta description and if that meta description contains your focus keyword, if you’ve used any subheadings within your post, etc. etc.
The plugin also allows you to write meta titles and descriptions for all your category, tag and custom taxonomy archives, giving you the option to further optimize those pages.
Combined, this plugin makes sure that your content is the type of content search engines will love!
Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
While out of the box WordPress is pretty good for SEO, it needs some tweaks here and there. This WordPress SEO plugin guides you through some of the settings needed, for instance by reminding you to enable pretty permalinks. But it also goes beyond that, by automatically optimizing and inserting the meta tags and link elements that Google and other search engines like so much:
Meta & Link Elements
With the WordPress SEO plugin you can control which pages Google shows in its search results and which pages it doesn’t show. By default, it will tell search engines to index all of your pages, including category and tag archives, but only show the first pages in the search results.
Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin has the most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality in any WordPress plugin. Once you check the box, it automatically creates XML sitemaps and notifies Google & Bing of the sitemaps existence. These XML sitemaps include the images in your posts & pages too, so that your images may be found better in the search engines too.
These XML Sitemaps will even work on large sites, because of how they’re created, using one index sitemap that links to sub-sitemaps for each 1,000 posts. They will also work with custom post types and custom taxonomies automatically, while giving you the option to remove those from the XML sitemap should you wish to.
Because of using XSL stylesheets for these XML Sitemaps, the XML sitemaps are easily readable for the human eye too, so you can spot things that shouldn’t be in there.
Instead of cursing at them, use them to your advantage! By automatically adding a link to your RSS feed pointing back to the original article, you’re telling the search engine where they should be looking for the original. This way, the WordPress SEO plugin increases your own chance of ranking for your chosen keywords and gets rid of scrapers in one go!
Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
- Option to track internal links with a particular format as outbound links, very useful for affiliate links that start with /out/, for instance.
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Option to anonymize IP’s for use in countries with stricter privacy regulations.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages.
With this long list of features you could easily pay 3-4 thousand dollars. I will provide your company with all of the following:
- Installation of wordpress software
- Installation of all of the plugins above
- Customize the wordpress them to include branding of your existing logo and colors(if any)
- Research and build 10 optimized web pages according to SEO research
- Include these pages – About Us, Contact Us (including form) and a list of services page
All pages are optimized for best search engine results.
Total Price $1,500 A deposit is required of $750.00 for me to research and optimize your pages. The final $750.00 is due at completion.
Pay Deposit Here: